Question
Posted by: Tish | 2006/10/31

Open for discussion

I love reading the posts everyday, and think that all the people (mostly woman) who replies on posts are very intelligent, straight forward and modern woman, which I love. Lately, I have seen quite alot of posts of woman who had affairs or is on the brink of having one. I have a question and would love your replies on it. Do you think woman in the workplace are more prone to affairs? And why is that?

,,,,,

8
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

i think its more about how we feel than how our relationships are going, coz if you are not happy in your relationship but still feel good about yourself you are less likely to sheat than if you are in a happy relationship but just feel shit about yourself. house wives that have the money and friends and the husbands that love and support then and all that often feel worthless as members of society and that is one reason they cheat its there self esteem thats down. other women hate there husbands but love work so much coz they feel in control dont cheat coz they feel great as women.

Reply to kat
Posted by: anon | 2006/10/31

i think i depends. a lot of housewives have affairs becuase they sit at home and have nothing to do. they have all the time, as hubby is at work most part of the day. they may not be exposed to men like in a work situation, but, they go out shopping, picking up kids at school for example where they can meet men. and yes, the pool guy, plumber, electrician are also available.

for working women they are definately exposed to men. but they are also extremely busy and thus may not even notice the guys around them. so it depends.

i also find that i am not entirely happy with bf at the moment, so i've started flirting at work, and do get tempeted to cheat.

Reply to anon
Posted by: FIO | 2006/10/31

Work place just makes it easier, because more opportunities. Bottom line is that affairs result because both parties feed on eachothers weaknesses resulting from stress or problems in a marriage. The men come to the rescue of the poor unhappy wife with the uncaring husband, and the women feel sorry for the men who are married to the bitch from hell. Pure selfish exploitation of opposite sex's vulnerability, and pathetic excuses for the victim to allow it to happen instead of sorting out marriage problems.

Human Nature, I guess

Reply to FIO
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

i think its more that at home there isnt as much oppertunity to unless you realy like the pool guy.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Ang | 2006/10/31

Hi yall!!
I'm in a very happy marriage and i love my husband to bits and would never do any thing to hurt him, but where i work there is this guy that flirts with me. In the beginning i just ignored him and then i realised that every time me and my husband argue i flirt back and feeling very guilty afterwards!
I think woman working are more prone to have affairs - you are absolutely right. I was a house wife for very long and things like this NEVER happened then!

Reply to Ang
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

thats my point it doesnt matter who you are or what you do for a living, if you are happy you wont end up inthat situation. yet if you are not you become more valnrable to it, even though it goes against everything you believe in. people always say ill never do that until it happens to them.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Tish | 2006/10/31

I take myself for an example: I work in a professional enviroment and there was always alot of oppertunities for an affair, but I never, ever fell for it. Till things between me and my husband went sour, and I walked right into the arms of a waiting man. Of course, I feel terrible about it and stopped it after a while, but still...

Reply to Tish
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

personally i think it balances itself out. you see being at home you dont have as much contact with outside men on the other hand you tend to get bord, then in the work place you have a lot of contact but are busy. i think its more to do with the type of person you are or the marrage you have. unless you have money to stay at home or are fully happy doing so you do tend to get depressed and that is where the dangers start. but in the work place you get home and everyone is tired so there is no real alone time so when someone offers a shoulder people tend to take it.

Reply to kat