Question
Posted by: ** | 2007/06/20

oops! I did it again.

I have a decease, an illness and a damn stupid personality. My situation is ... I fall inlove easily. I am so damn stupid I done it again with a man in a wheelchair that I only met 2 weeks ago. Opened my legs on Friday night to him, now he is ignoring me. How can I let it happen again??????? For peet sake I am 40, when I am going to learn. I like being on my own, I enjoy my own company, but damn I can't go through this over and over again. I am so damn depressed, sitting at work, I feel like crying, I hate myself. I truely HATE myself, becasue I know it is going to happen again, and again and again. It is like if I can't stop myself. been married once for 2.5 years and that was the longest relationship I ever had. I want a steady relationship, someone to care for to love and hold, but with my stupid personlity it won't be possible. I am so very very angry with myself. And to make it worst I pick the onece that have a drinking problem or that take drugs. My self confidence is low, that is why I go for men like that, I am not worthy of anything better. I know, I know, I shouldn't think like this etc. I must get professional help, but that will show I am weak. I have all the self help books tapes etc. Nothing seems to get me out of this slump I am in. I hate me for being like this. I truely dislike me.

dis-ease, maybe, but not disease. And maybe a really lousy memory ? It goes well beyond optimism to fall for the same con time after time. It sounds as though you are scared of nding up alone ( and so you respond in a way that makes this much more likely to happen ) ; that you feel you don't deserve a eal relationship with a decent bloke, so you accept whatever turns up ; and that you feel so desperately scared that this is all there is and ther'll never be anyone else, that you accept really lousy deals with really lousy people. See a CBT therapist to enhance your self-esteem, learn to be more discriminating, and learn how to wait for a person worth relating to, rather than picking up everyone else's discards. You have grown to dislike yourself so much, unfairly, that you continue to punish yourself in this way.
And getting proper professional help doesn't show that you're weak --- it's NOT getting help you obviously need, that truly shows your weakness. Getting what you need and solving your problems, is nothing like weakness.

3
Posted by: NURSE | 2007/06/21

I am really sorry that you keep landing up in these situations. I would recommend that you take some real time out and take an honest, hard look at yourself and start loving and respecting yourself. Tell yourself everyday that you are a good person and that you love yourself. Try it, it does help. If all else fails, try and look at what you have achieved in your life, work wise or the way you have raised your children. The main thing here I think is to RESPECT YOURSELF AND YOUR BODY and half the battle is won. Once you respect yourself and decide that you don't want anyone to use you or your body for their own enjoyment, you will win respect where ever you go. Get prefessional help if that is what it takes. It actually takes a very strong person to go and ask for help but pluck up the courage and do it - you will only benefit. The only words that should leave your lips today is good positive words. Fix your hair and put an fresh lipstick and love yourself. Good luck sweetiepie

Reply to NURSE
Posted by: ** | 2007/06/20

PS. This is why I posted the question "What is Love?" and again I had all those feelings etc. as described in al the replies.

Reply to **
Posted by: ** | 2007/06/20

Somewhere there was hick-up therefore 3 postings - SORRY!!!!

Reply to **