Question
Posted by: Tinkel | 2007/05/22

Onrustige bene

Elke keer as ek vir mense verduidelik, dink hulle dis krampe, maar dit is nie, dis soos n onrustige gevoel in my bene, dit gebeur as ek le of voor ek gaan slaap. Dan moet ek eers op staan en so bietjie rond hop en bene skud.

Asb, wat kan ek doen om ontslae te raak van die gevoel en wat veroorsaak dit? Ek het al gedink dit is swak bloedsomloop?

No, it isn't the same as cramps, you're right. There is a well-recognized condition called Restless Leg Syndrome, It is not due to poor blood circulation. Shrinks don't treat it, so I'm not up to date with the latest treatments --- try asking Cyberdoc about it

1
Posted by: Leigh | 2007/05/23

Hi Tinkel,

I have restless leg syndrome. It really drives me mad and as you say mainly at night. I have one of those beanbags that you get from Clicks that I warm up and put on the base of my back or at the back of the leg. The beanbag doesn't get cold like a hotwater bottle and it really seems to work. A bit drastic in the middle of summer but one gets desperate.

Reply to Leigh