Question
Posted by: CiGi | 2007/08/03

Only eat once a day why obese?

I only eat once a day yet I weigh 116KG I have an overactive thyriod. I take three eltrocin 100 mcg, 1 ecotrin 81 mg, 1 plavix 75 mg, 1 Inderal LA 80, 1folic acid 5 mg & 1lipotar 10mg. I stopped taking 1 activelle & 1 lily floxine 20mg. These are taken daily, yet I have gained 6 KG since dec. Please advice me why I cant loose wieght.

Dear CiGi
If you have an overactive thyroid then it is very strange that you are not losing weight. Are you sure that you don't perhaps have an UNDERactive thyroid which would explain why you are taking 3 Eltroxins a day and which could be responsible for your inability to lose weight. You are also taking so many medications that one or more could be partly responsible for your lack of weight loss. Please for your own sake, consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to obtain a medical and diet history and then work out a balanced, low-fat, energy-reduced diet for you that addresses all your medical conditions, and your overweight. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet.
So see a dietitian ASAP