Question
Posted by: sandy | 2005/12/09

online dating

how do you feel about online dating does it work ?????

I think parents who allow kids unsupervised internet access should be charged with child abuse and neglect.

12
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/09

Have tried the on line dating thing. Over all I have been disappointed. No matter how carefull you are there are serious problem people out there! Will not go that route again.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Eish! My question is why the parents aren't monitoring the kids on the computers? The children do not realise the dangers involved. It is up to us as parents to inform them and keep them safe.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/09

Blogging

A teenage girl always shut down when her mother walked into her room. After checking the mother found the blogging websites with FULL info of not only this girl, but the whole school. New craze in US. The school then investigated and found pictures, some very provocative, of the girls. No hits on sites from pedophiles reported, but it is just a matter of time according to authorities.
It is apparently a way of communicating, making new friends and dating. The worrying thing was that it seemed the teenagers were unaware if the risks involved

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Dude | 2005/12/09

iz always do em online datin wen life az a break up... its so nice 2 meet new womin oo r easy... neva ad a relationship work from it but god the sex was various

Reply to Dude
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/09

i met my current partner of over three years on the net.... we exchanged emails to get a feel of the other thoughts... then met... first few meetings in a public place.... worked out splendidly for us........... i know quite a few people who have met their partners online......... it does work.... you have to stick to basic rules concerning safety..... and the same rules you would apply when you meet anyone you don't know....... you get to choose who you want to meet based on the info provided........ there are liars online... and people with "baggage"..... but that's part of life in general.... not just people online.......

Reply to ...
Posted by: SR | 2005/12/09

Jakes = tell us

Reply to SR
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/09

To FEW (easier on keyboard than FIO for us who are still bit slow):

And all the noise about Blogging. did u see the MSN article about teenagers?

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: SR | 2005/12/09

Toot = Its not all doom and gloom, just be honest and suss out your date as quickly as possible.

Reply to SR
Posted by: Toot | 2005/12/09

plenty of people go onto dating websites cuz they have had enough with what they have seen realistically, hence the baggage.
but let us face the truth, even if u meet a guy at a fancy restaurant or pub, do u actually know them?
u can date someone for months and only after moving in with him find out that he is a serial killer

Reply to Toot
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/09

I've done it, met some really great people, but the majority have loads of baggage and issues.

And the majority just want to jump into bed the first night, which does seem like every guys dream, but its not actually. How can you have a meaningful relationship with someone you've had intimate sex with without even getting to know them?

I guess dating sites do work, but try get to the bottom of the reasons why each person is on the site.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: SR | 2005/12/09

sandy = online dating is fun, there are good stories and bad stories alike. Just watch yourself and don't put yourself out. Also date alot .... the first could be "The One" but could also be bad news. Take it easy, draw up a list of criteria and tick them off as you date. You will know after a while what you want and what you don't want .... have fun

Reply to SR
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Well, it has been known to work for a few people, but it can also be very, very dangerous. Are you considering it? My problem with it is that you don't know what sort of person is really on the other side and whether they are honest about who they are. I, personally, would never do it. Too much at risk.

Reply to Frusty