Posted by: eve09 | 2009/03/30

online counselling for a while please?

I wonder if you are prepared to help me? I can not afford a psychologist. A couple of tries at Lifeline were not helpful to me. FAMSA and other organizations like that are nowhere near me so travelling to them is too expensive. I am trying to find out who I am, what I want and to behave myself into fulfilling my potential. I am 60 and have been in a state of unbalance, dissatisfaction, fogginess for 10 years or so. I have let myself go physically to the point that my health might soon be affected. I know everything I should do to get myself on the right track but can' t stick to it- whether it is diet, exercise, planning my day (I procrastinate and watch tv to avoid chores) or standing up to those (family) who don' t respect me (and who can blame them?), It' s definitely a matter of baby steps but where to start? I sincerely feel that nothing matters when all is said and done. I don' t really care about anything, and from being a person who was self-sacrificing and frugal in the extreme I have become (secretly) self-indulgent and unable to delay gratification. Self-discipline left me. Can you help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

FAMSA is a nationwide group, that can usually put you in touch with individual counsellors in different areas. Now, unfortunately, we cannot offer online counselling at present. Are there no counsellors at all where you are ? Have you seen a good GP to have a proper checkup, and to identify health behaviour changes you need to follow ? A counsellor could then help you stick to this plan, once formulated. Could there be an element of Depression here, which can make one stop caring about important things ? An Antidepressant might help there. Dietdoc here on H24 could help you plan a diet and exercise plan, which would be an excellent place to start

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.