Question
Posted by: Pelina | 2005/07/05

Ongoing infection

For the last 6 weeks I have had a discharge that smells strong and burns the outside of my vagina. I have used several products, to insert and ointments to cover the area - but to na avail. I had to resort to wearing tampons, as this reduce the smelly part, but aggrevate the infection. Blood test and a smear have not revealed a cause and 2 bouts of antibiotica has not helped. What should my next step be, or HOPEFULLY you may have a simple solution.
PS I am dousing every alternative day with Betadine, salt and plain water (1 teaspoong of Beatadine or salt._

I would suggest that your doctor takes a swab of the discharge to see exactly what it is.