Question
Posted by: Sista | 2005/12/12

ONE OVARY

I was diagnosed with endometriosis and had a cyst which has been removed together with the ovary (right). What are my chances of conceiving with one ovary?

Dear Sista

I do apologise for the very long delay in response.

The absence of one ovary now implies that ovulation will be occuring from the remaining ovary each month. IIn the event that the tube on the side of the remaining ovary is functional, the chances of conception is the same as in the normal situation.
Therefore, provided there are no other factors such as male factor problems, and provided that the endometriosis is not in any way comprimising future fertility, I would volunteer that the fertility prognosis would still be excellent or very good.

1
Posted by: Brent | 2005/12/13

Hi,an answer to this question would be appreciated. My wife also had one ovary removed in Nov 2004, & we are still try to fall pregnant. We lost our 1st born in March 2003.

Reply to Brent