Question
Posted by: Me | 2004/10/18

One implant slightly higher...

I had my operation during November 2003 - the left one's cut went open and I had to have the implant removed; cleaned; put back again and stitched up. I healed properly but now the left one is slightly higher than the other one. Must I have the whole procedure done again to rectify - costing another R10 000? Is there somewhere I can have it done cheaper?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Me,

Don't choose the cheaper option - your life is at stake! Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. In many cases massage can rectify the problem, as you might just have additional scar tissue under the one breast, due to the complication you suffered. Plastic surgeons usually do not charge the same amount to sort out a complication.