Question
Posted by: kk | 2005/11/23

one blocked tube and ovulating on that side, can ovulatin be changed to other side?

I am experincing an infertility problem. I have had a miscarrage before so I am capable of falling pregnent. Currently I am ovulating on the right side, but my right tube is blocked. Is there a way to switch the ovulation to the other side?

Dear KK

Provided that you have both ovaries in the right place it is possible to induce ovulation from both ovaries simultaneously. The use of ovulation induction agents, either in tablet form or a combination of tablets and injectables, is of great value in this situation.
Were you to ovulate from both sides there would be no benefit to trying to induce ovulation or switch ovulation from left to right, as this would no longer necessary.

Please note that inducing ovulation with a combination method, ie tablets and injections, needs to be monitored by a fertility specialist or someone familiar with fertility treatment.