Question
Posted by: Nicolene | 2007/08/02

Onderaktiewe skildklier en swanger

Ek is 8wke swanger (2de) en die sister by my ginikeloog het nou net gebel en gese dat my bloedtoetse getoon het dat my skildklier onderaktief is, Dr het vir my n voorskrif by ontvangs gelos vir dit!! Kan dit my swangerskap affekteer en hoe?

As iemand weet sal ek dit wardeer as julle my kan help met n antwoord

Nicolene

It is important to take thyroid replacement. The pregnancy should be uncomplicated if you have normal thyroid levels on treatment. If you do not have treatment, all sorts of problems can occur, including miscarriage and developmental problems in the baby.

2
Posted by: Nicolene | 2007/08/02

Thanks for the reply Cc, sorry for the Afrikaans post, wasn't quite sure what the english for skildklier was but now i know!!
I had no problems with my first born, so it was quite a shock that two and a half years later they pick this up all of a sudden, as long as my baby will be fine i can handle anything!!

Good luck to you,

Nicolene

Reply to Nicolene
Posted by: cc | 2007/08/02

I have thyroid problems and I am 14 weeks pregnant. My gynae has put me on Eltroxin 0.15mg a day. He says it is better to have a slightly higher thyroid than lower. Your gynae will monitor your levels throughout pregnancy.

Good luck!!!!

Reply to cc