Question
Posted by: Curious | 2008/01/23

Once a cheater, always a cheater!

Please explain to me something. What makes a man cheat? Can a man love his partner …and still cheat? He has a loving spouse who loves and gives him everything, enough sex etc.. So why would he cheat? His partner caught him cheating , he admitted it, wants help, begged her not to leave him… She loves him and wants to help him! I don’t believe this man will ever change , this is the first time he has done this. It was not an affair, just sex. And they were making plans to get married… Eish! Why she stays, beats me!

If you'll check back through the archives of this forum, you'll find we get asked this question at least once a week, and there's no easy, or, more important, no useful answer. SOME men, and some women, cheat. Other's don't whatever the temptation. IF he genuinely wants help, he should see a counsellor, preferably someone who does marriage / relationship counsellor, who can also in some sessions see her. Mere promises to change or not to do it again are worth little or nothing Not every cheater will always cheat, though many do. Seeing and sincerely working with a counsellor will be a useful test of his sincerity.

1
Posted by: Hate Cheaters | 2008/01/23

II always thought that men only cheat on their wifes when she is not a good wife, always bitching etc.... I realised that that is not true, there are some men that just never will be satisfied with one partner no matter how good and perfect the wife is. I feel sorry for her because if she gives him another chance she will be the one going through hell wondering when will he do it again, and believe me he will do it again.....

Reply to Hate Cheaters