Question
Posted by: misunderstood | 2004/11/05

once a cheater always a cheater?

When your boyfriend cheats on you during your relationship a lot and you are not aware of it, only finding out too late and he leaves you for the one girl he cheated with and ends up marrying her, does it mean he just cheated on you because you were not the person he had to end up with or does it mean he will do it again (cheat) eventually?
I cannot understand why my ex dated me while he cheated on me from the start. I only found out a year after he broke up with me that it wasn’t just the one time he cheated and the only girl he cheated with. Was there something wrong with me, was I too good to see the bad in him?

Once a cheater, more likely to be a cheatr again, but not certain to repeat the act. You don't need to be worried that this guy will cheat on you again --- it's the other woman who needs to worry about that. Be greatful that you eventually found out and that you're rid of him.

3
Posted by: Juzlisen | 2004/11/05

Yup - thats the way the way it goes. You cannot change them and shouldn't try.
Some men and women do not even see it as cheating they call it "playing the field" this is sad and stupid cos what they should do i stay single and have flings with men/women as unworthy as themselves that way good people wont get hurt.
What a silly world we live in.

Reply to Juzlisen
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/05

Dear misunderstood...
It is the norm that when a guy cheats on you, then he will do it again. Don't beat yourself up about it. Be thankful that it's over now... he has a wife (whom he will probably cheat on).. you can move on. We always want to see the good in people and sometimes that can be quite blinding to reality... there's someone better for you. I know that it doesn't fix your heart... but you will love again.
Keep well

Reply to Inc
Posted by: sneaky | 2004/11/05

nothing wrong with you honey...unfortunaltley some men have lustful "problems" which drives them to other woman...some of them want it easy and so they cheat.

Know its hurtful but not all men are like that...i would really encourage you in your next relationship to take things slowley and get to know the guy before totally given yourself to him (it to easy) thats one way of getting to know the guy better and what he is like...

Reply to sneaky