Posted by: crazy casey | 2008/08/05

On the verge of burn out/suicide

At the beginning of May I' ve started a new job that have 5% of the stress that I had at the previous work. I realise now how much unnecessary stress my previous boss had put on me. At this stage I feel that I am burning out for the reason that I start to de-stress more but also feel that I want to commit suicide at any time now. I' m really close to commit suicide. I was diagnosed with bipolar depression a couple of years ago and at this stage on medication that I feel doesn' t work at times and to make matters worse is that I had an attempted suicide a couple of years which of course failed. This suicide attempt came after a friend of mine committed suicide and I couldn' t handle her death at that time. Don' t know where to turn to.

Amazing, isn't it, how much unnecessary stress some people load onto other people ? But it sopunds as though you have responded to chronic stress at the last jobm, with Depression, which may have even reached a serious degree, when you talk of thoughts of suicide -- for goodness sake see a good local psychiatrist asap for assessment and treatment advice. See about adding something active and positive like CBT counselling to a perhaps changed medication combnation. And meantime, speak to Lifeline, and consider making an urgent appointment to see your shrink. Once this present crisis has passed, you need to be around to enjoy the fruits of the new job you so ably got.

Posted by: Phil | 2008/08/05

I know right now nothing makes sense. Please say a prayer and ask GOD to take your problem, then give it to HIM. It has worked for me before. Just try.

Reply to Phil