Question
Posted by: Bipolar? | 2007/02/26

On-line test results - is bad?

Why do I feel like this?
Your results
The results indicate that you may have problems in the following areas:

Possible problem More info
Mood disorders
Depression Depression CC
Bipolar disorder Bipolar: a rollercoaster ride
Depression CC
Anxiety disorders
Panic disorder Panic disorder
Tips to deal with panic attacks
Agoraphobia Anxiety disorders A-Z
Facing what you fear most
When fear becomes crippling
Specific phobia Facing what you fear most
When fear becomes crippling
No reality problems
No memory problems
No eating problems
No substance use problems

We would like to emphasise that

See a good real-time shrink, and get Cognitive-Behaviour therapy, which works, rather than the airy-fairy Analytical stff, which takes forever and never works !

5
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/27

what qualification did this therapist have cuz she sure sounds psycho enough herself!
Get yourself to a real doctor/shrink.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Bipolar? | 2007/02/27

Been to a psycho-therapist earlier this month (whom I think was a waste), she called it "depression" & after a deep session, she asked me to call her if I thought I needed to see her again!
I don't want to even begin my story - it is just too much.
To be short, this uneasiness is 5 months old, consumes everything I do. I have no will to do anything at all & I enjoy nothing anymore, even my daily functioning has decayed.

Nonetheless, I was just reading the other post by another bi-polar who was hospitalised - it sure is scary!
I need a good psycho-therapist who can re-assess & help get my life on track before any more damage is done.

Reply to Bipolar?
Posted by: Addamz | 2007/02/27

Don't believe ANYTHING online. Get a pro to check you out.

Reply to Addamz
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/27

Uhm - don't put any faith in them -- they cannot replace a real diagnosis with a real doctor. These people that do the tests are probably not even real doctors, they may have consulted a doctor and found out that (for example): If you don't like to mix your foods you are xxxx.

They look at the masses and see what MOST of the people with a particular probem do. And just beacuse you do it as well does not mean you have the same problem.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Maria | 2007/02/26

Don't trust online tests, they cannot replace assessment by a professional.

Reply to Maria