Question
Posted by: Mrs Smith | 2008/06/02

On Fertomid, 1st Course, vaginal bleedin

I have a daughter of 7, my husband has a son of 13, we have been trying for the past 5 years to fall pregnant but with no results. I am diagnosed with polycystic ovaries syndrome. The gynea has put me on Fertomid 50. This is the first time Im taking it and also the first of the 3 month cycle. I took medication as instructed and now 15 days after starting the course Im having vaginal bleeding. it is not like a period it was heavy the first day but now it is just spotting after 2 days. Did I have a period. As per doctors instructions I should be in the period where I am ovulating and not be having a period. Is this normal? My doctor said that I should take the 5 tablets starting on my 5th day of a period and then after taking the Fertomid I will be ovulating +-6 days after that. At the time of starting the fertomid I did not have a period for 4months already and i wasnt pregnant. If my calculations are correct I should be in my ovulation cycle and not menstruating. Can you please tell me what is happening and I it is normal.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Mrs Smith

You did indeed take the fertomid in the correct way. I'd suggest contacting your doctor regarding this, and your treatment plan forward