Question
Posted by: MRS XXX | 2006/11/02

Omega oil, follic acid and Multivitamins

Just discovered that I am pregnant and I have been taking the Omega oil 3, 6 & 9 in my salads, oats and in juice sometimes. I also take the follic acids 5mg one per day and the multivitamins for woman two per day. I have to visit my gynea next week but is it not too much vitamins that I am taking at the moment?

The Omega oil is fine. You may find trhat your multivitamin already contains enough folic acid, in which case you do not need any extra.

1
Posted by: Preggie | 2006/11/03

I saw my gynae yesterday and she said folic acid and multivitamin are all i need to take.

I do not eat any fish whatsoever so lack Omega 3 & 6 and was advised by my dietican to take this supplement, however my gynae said there is no medical proof that Omega supplements have any benefit.

So i am not worrying about it as long as you have folic acid and multivitamin

Reply to Preggie