Posted by: blossom | 2008/07/18

omega 3 1000mg

i am a 51 year old female and have been active all my life. i walk about 8 kms in total a week and am very conscious of my diet. i am taking medication for depression and have been advised to take 1000 - 2000mg omega 3 fish oil capsules a day to help with my overall health as well as dry hair and skin. what do you think of this?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Blossom

You will certainly start to blossom if you do! It is the only supplement I insist people use – it is great for water retention, hormonal balance, skin and much more! Since you suffer from depression I would take 1x1000mg GLA (evening primrose oil) in the mornings and 2 x 1000mg Omega 3 oils at night just before bed as it repeats on some people.

Just a tip – once you come off your anti-depression medication try the natural alternative with is 5-HTP it works like a bomb and you can control the dosage according to your need.

Good luck and take care.