Question
Posted by: Oily | 2004/11/16

Olive Oil

are there any harmful side effect to taking Olive oil everyday - Ihave about 3 tablespoons a day sometimes as much as 6

Dear Oily
Olive oil is an excellent food rich in monounsaturated fatty acids which protect us against heart disease. All oils are, however, very high in energy (9 cal or 37 kJ per gram), so use the oil in moderation otherwise it could cause weight gain.
Enjoy

3
Posted by: Oily | 2004/11/18

Hi Guys thanks for the response - im actually using the oil to gain weight as im a bodybuilder and have probably reached my max intake of food - so i add the oil to my protein shake to add a few calories more for the day while im bulking up

Reply to Oily
Posted by: HUH? | 2004/11/17

what's this about? Do you drink the oil every day? Doesn't that make you FAT?? What does it do for your body??

Reply to HUH?
Posted by: John | 2004/11/17

No - your liver will definitely tell you when you have had enough. I personally prefer taking my olive oil with greek salad or steamed veggies.

Reply to John