Question
Posted by: Not coughing | 2005/07/18

old, big problem help, please

I have been addicted to cough mixture since 1987! Unfortunately, my poor husband is in this dreadfull trap too. We can not go to any dry clinic because we have jobs and kids. How in the world am I going to stop this?...?...??

You both CAN and should go to see a drug rehab counsellor. People manage to get themselves addited to all sorts of things, but cough mixture isn't one of the most serious --- although it can indeed be very damaging to continue taking it, it isn't one of the difficult ones to stop, and it is likely that a drug rehab clinic could help you both to stop, without you needing to be admitted to the clinic. If an admission was necessary ( and that's not likely ) you could do this one at a time ( so the other one can look after the kids ) and take leace from work, as it shouldn't take long. The counselling would be the main thing, as there are usually no serious withdrawal effects or similar problems, so long as one cuts down the dose gradually.

1
Posted by: Not Coughing | 2005/07/19

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Just to know that it should be easy is the best feeling ive had in years. UNBELIEVABLE how every thing in life is so mental. now that I know it is possible, I believe more in my own capabilities. HEEEE HAAA!

Reply to Not Coughing