Question
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2005/12/07

Old age

Who here is scared of getting old? From what age do you actually fall in the "old category"?
I'm terrified of old age, getting wrinkles, arthritis and all that. Sigh, I love being young...

To most people, OLD is about 10 years older than whatever their age may be. I must admit that the arthritis is no fun at all. But wrinkles ? Well, I'm proud of thsoe --- I earned them.
And as for mental age, I've come across some senile guys in their 20's

2
Posted by: Susie | 2005/12/07

you can't stop yourself from getting old, but a positive attitude towards life will make all the difference. Keep your mind and body active and healthy and you will hardly notice that you are 60 or even 70. My father run his own company till he was 85 years old, he was a very positive and confident person. Don't fight against getting old, just live your life to the full what ever your age.

Reply to Susie
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/07

Old age is not for sissies! Just this morning I visited a dear old friend of mine in hospital who fell in her little flat in a retirement village. She is widowed, has no children or family left. There are just two of us that visit and care for her. She will not be able to go back to her flat without full time nursing and she just does not have the funds for that. Her retirement home has no frail care. Its such a dilema I do not know what to think.
Yes, I am afraid of old age. I saw today, once again, the not so fun part of it. Wrinkles are nothing compared to debilitation and no where to go.

Reply to Tango