Question
Posted by: Andy | 2004/11/04

OILY SKIN

I am a guy age 40 have a problem with a very oily skin .Immediately after washing my face,it is dry so I use a little bit of Aqueous cream and within an hour after that my skin becomes very oily. I dont use soap on my face. What can I do to improve my situation

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Andy

Excessive oil can be due to an imbalance in your hormonal system or due to a poor diet. The more acidic the body, the more oil you produce. Foods and drinks to avoid are anything containing sugar, refined white flour products, caffeine, alcohol, even certain medicines. Eating unripe fruit or too much fruit can also have this effect.

Your diet should be rich in vegetables, whole grains, raw seeds and nuts, some fish or chicken or lamb, a little ripe fruit and lots of filtered water.

Wash your face with Environs products and apply a toner and moisturiser from Environ once you have cleansed the face. Environ is available from selected pharmacies and beauty salons. Remember, the answer does not lie in what you apply externally, it is internal.

Know that it is normal to produce oil and if it is particulary warm or you are in and out of cool and hot places, it will be exacerbated.

I would not use the Aqueous cream. It is not the ideal product for the face.

Kind regards.

Estie

1
Posted by: Angie | 2004/11/04

What are you using on your face? Not the right thing if it still leaves your skin dry. Even though you are a guy, try Johnson & Johnson 5.5 ph balanced cleanser, maybe it will help.
Aqueous cream maybe not the right thing to use on your face. Again, even though you're a guy, try a light moisturiser, maybe with a UV protector in it. Whatever you try give it at least a month to make a difference as skin cells take that amount of time from their formation in the deep layers to come to the top layer and be exfoliated away.

Reply to Angie