Question
Posted by: Mohamed | 2008/01/04

Oil Reducing Medication

hi there Doc

i am a 21 yr old male,I used to have acne...went on Roaccutane when i was 17...acne cleared up.However in still left with extremely oily skin...which really irritates me because no over the counter products help.Even mattifying powders dont help.

I am aware that Excessive oil production is caused by an excess of The male hormone Androgen.

IS there any non-prescription medication that is safe which i can use to slightly lower my androgen levels?

IS Diane-35 suitable for men?

Your urgency in this matter would be highly appreciated

Mohamed

Dear Mohamed

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I am not aware of any over the counter medication that will reduce oil reduction but I do suggest that you use facial wash three times daily. Please do not take Diane. If symptoms persist, you can go on a shorter course of Roaccutane, i.e. two months.

Kind regards