Question
Posted by: YUCK | 2007/07/26

oil

hi doc
this has happened to me before but maybe you can tell me what it is. I was just typing at my desk with my head down and i felt like my nose was bleeding, when i got tissues it was an oil like substances just running out of my nose! it carried on for about a minute and a half then stopped. I had a head ache before it started.

what causes this?
what is it?

Dear Yuck

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this symptom. I recommend that you consult an Ear Nose and Throat Specialist, in order for him/her to exclude the possiblity of nasal polyps, which can cause the nasal discharge. Headaches are normally associated with nasal congestion.

Please advise me about the ENT Specialist's findings, for this is a very interesting case.

Kind regards