Question
Posted by: Champagne. | 2007/05/31

Oh, the leg! Help me scratch! Anyone!!!!

Well haloooo! Meee agaiiiiin!

My left leg has been itching fiercely the last few days and I notice the area's grown bigger and the intensity of the itch increased. Is this perhaps a clue CyberDoc? I'm scratching so much and so hard that some patches are bruised and it's sore.

Funny really, it itches, but it's VERY sensitive, so I scratch while at the same time I pee my pants hurting. Oh how lucky can I get?

You mentioned on the previous post (about the weight) about bipolar? Well, I HAVE bipolar and is on meds. Have been for 7 odd years. We have increased my lithium from 800 to 1200, but it's true what you say, I have been having up's lately. I'm on ad's so that minimises the downs.

Another 3 weeks till I see the neuroloog. Time and waiting. Now there's 2 things I never could befriend.

Well, enough about me. Tell me, do you still have a practice in Centurion? I come from Centurion. First stayed in Doringkloof then moved to Cranbrookvale. It's a small suburb behind the Zwarkops High School just off the Old Johannesburg Road. Now stay in Cape Town though.

Dear Champagne
Don't you think this could be caused by your Lithium levels - have you tested it lately? The required dosage (15-20mg per kg of body weight) is slightly less than the toxic level, requiring blood levels of lithium to be monitored extremely closely during treatment. If your weight goes up and down by up to 20 kg, you may be toxic at times. Dehydration ( like with you having diarrhoea) can increase lithium levels, causing symptoms of neuropathy. Signs that lithium levels within the body are too high include: confusion, DIARRHOEA, tiredness, severe tremors, muscle weakness. Maybe this is the culprit!

No, I am not practicing in Centurion anymore - are now doing medicine research work for the time being. (working hours more family friendly...)