Question
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/11/25

oh no not again

Hi guys.. me again. BF was out with the bad friend again last night... I kept my mouth shut (as I do these days, after we had a talk about it which ended up going nowhere...) - I feel he runs to this guy every single minute he gets the chance. Not really sure what to do...

Back to my old question --- what's in it for you, to stay in a relationship with a guy who neglects you and is in love with his friend ?

6
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/25

Dont think one needs to drop a friend at all, but you should know where is your priorities.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Tactical | 2005/11/25

I have neverunderstood why some poeple demand their partners choose between them and a friend.

The relationship is completely different, and your partner shouldn't need your approval of his friends. Would you drop a much loved friend if your boyfriend told you to?

I know I woudn't, and likewise I would never tell my bf to drop his mates.

That said, you can obviously express your concerns about his influence, ultimatley though, its his choice.

Reply to Tactical
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/25

as much as you don't like this friend, you're either going to have to learn to live with the situation and stop letting it get to you, or you're going to have to leave the relationship.... your b/f has made it clear now that he isn't going to "lose" the friend..... so the ball is now in your court....... your decision......you can't make someone do anything they don't want to do.... that's unfortunately the reality of the situation....

Reply to ...
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/25

Pencil, then it seems that you do not maybe want to see the truth?
I understand that you love him, but truth is, if you told him, doesnt do anything to satisfy your needs, he IS neglecting your needs.
And what guy should put his friend before his woman? Thats just childish, so he must grow up too.
But that is indeed neglect.

No room 4 3 people in a relationship. Eiter the friend must go, or you.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/11/25

He doesn't neglect me, CS, he cares for me and we spend a lot of time together.. but this friend... he doesn't do our relationship, nor my boyfriend any good... Yet, bf keeps on spending time (more and more lately) with him. I feel the tension building up inside me, but although I've spoken to him, he doesn't seem to do anything about it.

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: zzz | 2005/11/25

Start by growing a backbone.......++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reply to zzz