Question
Posted by: Megan | 2005/12/15

Office gossip update

Hi everyone
Just to let you know that I did follow up on CSs suggestion to speak to HR about this. I have worked at different places for 30 years now and it has never been as bad as this place.

I just stil curious to know what it is about a person that makes her a gossiper? Is it low selfesteem or a viciuous nature?

Will be intereste to hear what HR say / do here. Some gossips have low self-esteem, and feel better about their miserable selves by trying to alway prove that other people are worse than they are ; and some do have a cruel bnature and enjoy hurting others. A bit like Schadenfreude, a German word for taking pleasure in disasters afecting others.

4
Posted by: x | 2005/12/15

inadequacy and lack of self-pride and integrity

Reply to x
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/15

Yip, Jealousy makes you nasty!

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Karen | 2005/12/15

Jealousy?

Reply to Karen
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/15

Maybe it's a bit of both?

Reply to ASP