Question
Posted by: Collegue FAmily Friend | 2005/12/05

Office 'Gat kreeiper'

I am so frustrated where I work, I do not know what, where to start. I joined this company 8 months ago. Its very small but growing. One of the Directors who hired me knows my ex-husband, they grew up in the same area and he know me, but did not know him.

When he hired me I was based at one of the comapnies they are doing work for, came back 2 months ago to the main office, the problem is that there is 6 of us 4 blacks and 2 whites including him. 2 ladies black and white. now the white lady has been with them for 18 months, and since I came in she is such a gat kreeiper is not funny. when the other guys are not around she finds something bad about them work wise and tells the big boss, also when there is works in the office she want to do everything by herself and not share work with any one, as though she is the only one working.

I tried raising this up with my boss and it was communicated that we must all shared work but its still happening. Now what I have been doing is that if nothing is forwared to me I just sit back and let her do everything, but this frustrated the hell out of me.

And my boss on the other side when I am around he will not say anything, but when I am not around he jokes and talks a lot , this confuses me. as to whether he want to keep the working relationship professional between us (which I do not mind), also its like I am not around most of the time, even when they talk.

Please help how do I tackle this.

THanks

I think Blue Eyes has it about right. Do your job so well that you'll ensure a good reference when you find a happier place to work

3
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2005/12/05

You get paid to do a job right?
You don't get paid to socialise with the boss or other people.

Do your job, and make sure you do a good one, so that no one can point fingers at you and remove yourself from the office politics.

If you are unhappy, find another job!!

Sorry to be so honest, but I have learned the hard way...Don't get involved in office politics, don't try and be the bosses friend either. Just do what you are asked!!

Reply to Blue Eyes
Posted by: Tiekie | 2005/12/05

Jy gaan net moeilikheid maak vir jouself.

Gat kruipers wen altyd.

Reply to Tiekie
Posted by: aaa | 2005/12/05

As long as you don't do any typing....

Reply to aaa