Question
Posted by: concerned | 2008/01/29

off the pill

hi

i was on the pill for 2 yrs and was advised to go off it for about a yr. i went off end of dec, beginning of jan 08 and had my periods for +/-3 weeks (dec-jan). my breasts were extremely sore i could hardly touch them. we are know headed for the start of feb and i have still not gotten my periods. could this be the effect from the pill or am i pregnant? for the last 2 weeks i have been getting heartburn and craving for the weirdest food. i took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago, but it was negative.

please help

It would be too soon for a pregnancy test to be positive. It is most likely hormonal from coming off the Pill, but repeat the pregnancy test in a week or two to be sure.

1
Posted by: Moi | 2008/01/29

I've experienced the same thing after I stopped using the pill. The doctor told me that my hormones were out of balance and that it will take time before it becomes normal again. My periods were very irregular and only now after almost a year it's back to normal again.
Hope this helps.

Reply to Moi