Posted by: Karen | 2009/06/04

Oestrogen Cream and Uterine Pessary

Hello Doc,

I have been reading some replies re Prolapsed Uteruses and would appreciate it if you could clarify a couple of issues for me. I am convinced I have this condition as it was diagnosed when I was 27, (I am now 46), however there was some doubt at the time as the diagnosis was changed to a spastic colon, when a second opinion was sought. I have lower back pain and some urinary incontinence, as well as the feeling of " something coming down"  at times - usually in the evening after a lot of exercise or when I am constipated. Pelvic floor exercises do not seem to help, and I would like to know if I can obtain the oestrogen cream and the uterine pessary ring without having to see a specialist. I am not on a medical aid and have limited funds. Thanks!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It is very easy for a doctor to diagnose uterine prolapse by examining you. You either have it or you do not.A pessary has to be inserted by a doctor as it has to be in a specific place, and oestrogen cream needs a doctor's prescription.
Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.