Question
Posted by: Rykie | 2007/04/17

Oestrogen

According to my GP my oestrogen level is very high and I have very abnormal periods with uncomfortable cramping.

Can you please explain why this happening and what I can do to change it. I am currently using Nordette and have endless problems with my weight. Don't know if it has to do with my sleeping pattern, mostly get 6-7 hours of sleep a day.

Hope to headr from you soon

Your oestrogen levels on Nordette would be a reflection of the oestrogen that you are getting from the Pill. Abnormal periods with cramps could indicate endometriosis. This can be diagnosed with a laparoscopy. 6-7 hours of sleep sounds reasonable and would not affect your periods.