Question
Posted by: ROSE | 2008/01/28

OEFENINGE HEUPE

EKS 31, WEEG 52 OEFEN 4 KEER PER WEEK DOEN OOK WEIGHTS, EET 3 KEER PER DAG KLEIN PORSIES, EET GESOND WIL NET WEET WATTER TIPE OEFENINGE KAN EK DOEN OM ONTSLAE TE RAAK VAN OORTOLLIGE (VET) OM HEUPE OM DIT STYWER TE KRY..EK HOU NIE DAARVAN EN VOEL BAIE SELFBEWUS OOR DIT. KAN U ASB VIR MY HELP RAAD ADVIES GEE. DANKIE WAARDEER BAIE.

Hi Rose

You are not alone, and this is by far the most common question that is asked, actually. Everyone seems to battle with the weight in a specific area, in your case the hips. It's difficult for me to say exactly what you should change, since i don't know the exact details of your training.

What I will say, however, is that your current weight is low, and so it's not a case of doing anything silly on the diet or training front - you don't need to go massive when it comes to training. Rather, smart, relevant training is the key.

The mistake people make is that they try to target the muscle group, often at the expense of doing the whole body exercise that is actually more effective. That's not to say that focus on a muscle group or area is bad, because you need it, but it's better to do whole body exercise. The exercise is cardio training - like running, walking, cycling, swimming, taebo, aerobics etc. Anything that is cardiovascular gets the heart pumping and energy burning is most effective. It is just a question of how you use these cardio sessions. I would suggest at least 4 days a week of cardio training, each session lasting about 30 to 45 minutes, AT LEAST. You have to build up this duration and then keep at it consistently in order to see change.

The specific exercises for the area in question have a relatively minor role, other than that they are responsible for developing the muscle in the area, which creates the appearance of being toned. That's obviously what you want, but you have to realise that you can't do the toning and specific work first and neglect the cardio - it has to work the other way around, cardio first, toning second. So focus on cardio, then on toning.

Diet is also very crucial, and if it's not 100% it will undermine any exercise benefits. So the best thing is to see a dietician or follow a very good diet plan. Just remember that low kilojoule is not necessarily better - too low causes problems as well, because it causes the body's metabolic rate to drop and that affects your ability to lose weight in the future. So don't try to starve yourself or go overboard, rather eat sensibly, cut out as much fat as you can, and listen to your body.

Ross

1
Posted by: ROSE | 2008/01/29

THANX I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

Reply to ROSE