Question
Posted by: Janet | 2008/07/10

Oefening

I am thinking of buying a mini trampoline seeing that I live in a town where it rains a lot during winter and I can not always go for my regular brisk walks due to the rain and extreme cold. I would like to know if a trampoline offers sufficient exercise. How does it compare to my usual walks of 30 minutes, 5 times per week? How long should I train on a trampoline in order to get the same benefits as I do from walking? I do not want to get fat this winter. I follow a balanced diet, but exercise also has a part in my weight being correct.

Dear Janet
I think it is an excellent idea to either use a trampoline or just a skipping rope to stay fit and trim and healthy during the winter when you can't go for brisk walks. Exercising on a trampoline or skipping are both aerobic exercises so they should be equivalent to your walks. 30 min a day should be more than adequate.
Enjoy your winter exercise.