Question
Posted by: Katinka | 2007/04/13

Oefenfiets

Hi, ek wil graag weet... Vir hoe lank moet ek fiets trap in die aande as ek wil gewig verloor? Ek doen ook elke aand Ma - Do. aerobics. Wil in die aande ekstra doen om gewig te verloor. Dankie vir jou hulp!

Hi Katinka

That is unfortunately a question that I can't answer accurately, because there are too many factors affecting it to be able to say that a certain amount WILL work. It might, or it may not work. There is diet, your current weight, the intensity of your exericse training, the volume, the frequency, genetics etc. that all affect this so much that no one answer works.

Ideally, you would aim to do exercise on at least 5 days a week for between 30 and 45 minutes per session. The missing ingredient, often, is intensity. It's difficult to measure intensity but many people make the mistake of either going too hard, or too easy. Too hard leads to injury, too easy leads to slow progress. So you have to find a balance. Generally, 45 minutes of exercise that leaves you feeling tired by not exhausted is good. that's what you aim for.

So my assessment is that if you continue doing the aerobics and perhaps add three to five days a week of training, then you will be exercise at least 5 times (or 7 days) a week, and that really is plenty. And so it should be enough to lose weight, but as I've said this is so dependent on your diet and other activities that it really is just a best guess.