Question
Posted by: sick girl | 2005/07/26

odd stomach ache

i have had stomach aches that come in waves for about 4 days. the pain is concentrated just under the solar plexus. i also cough in my sleep. i'm not fully awake while coughing but i'm aware that i'm coughing. what is the matter with me? it doesn't feel like heartburn at all and it doesn't exactly get better when i eat nor is it worse when i'm hungry. i'm also a smoker. could that have any bearing on this this stomach ache?

Sg, it might still be due to an ulcer (the smoking may have a role to play in it) or gastro-oesophageal reflux even if you don’t suffer from any heartburn. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck. AS