Question
Posted by: Curious | 2005/07/06

OCD / OCPD

I just want to know what is the difference between the two.

OCD is and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, an illness, which arises in a person of ordinary personality, who was not OC before. An Obsessive Personality Disorder is one of a whole bunch of personality disorders, in which one aspect of our personality ( in this case the tendency to be obsessive about things ) is stronger than usual and causes problems. OCD can respond well and airly quicjly to treatment with medicines and CBT counselling ; any personality disorder requires longer and more skilled psychotherapy.

3
Posted by: Liz123 | 2005/07/06

To Purr

Wow - clever clever!!

Reply to Liz123
Posted by: Curious | 2005/07/06

Purr, OCD = OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER
OCPD = OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE PERSONALITY
DISORDER

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NOW.

Reply to Curious
Posted by: purr | 2005/07/06

I like to spot the difference.There's a P befor the D.Am I clever or what??

Reply to purr