Question
Posted by: Susan | 2007/06/11

occasional painful indigestion in right

I have occasional pain in my right side. I wonder if this can be caused by the c-section I had two years ago. I went to the Dr once and he did x-rays and said it was just a blockage and gave me medicine to clear out my system. I was fine after I went to the loo. I never had this painful kind of blockage/constipation before my c-section.

Caesarean sections do not cause a change in your bowel habits per se. Because of pain at the time of c/s women are affraid to go to loo because of fear of pain, which means they don't relieve themselves at the time of an urge which sets off a vicious cycle.
Constipation is caused by poor dietary intake of fibre, no water in the diet and lack of exercise.