Question
Posted by: Graeme | 2005/07/19

Occ Health plus safety

hi there

could you please direct me to where i can find legislative requirements and best practise guidlines for occ health and safety in a manufacturing environment, dealing specifically with welding, steel cutting, spray painting and angle grinders

thanks

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

You should famaliarise yourself with the Hazardous Chemical Substances Act, COID act and Occupational Health And SafetyAct. I would strongly suggest that you contact Occupational health Experts who should visit your premises, do a Health Risk Assessemnt and provide you with 'best practises' legal compliance and required medical surveillance and standards. This is not a DIY project. It does require expert opinion. You can contact OCSA at 011 8038305. They are national and will assist and advise. Mention that I referred you via the site. Good luck!