Posted by: Eddie | 2003/01/23

Obstructed salive glands ?

I occasion~~~y have a swollen gland which looks like the swelling I had when I suffered from mumps,but at 58 years old I doubt if it is mumps.The gland is a little sensitive and it goes away after a few days then reappears.

When I fruits I feel pain on the side where the swelling appears.

Could it be that I have a problem with my saliva glands and if so what can be done about this?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Eddie, it might be that you have something blocking the opening where the gland drains into the mouth. This might just be due to an infection or a stone, but it might also be due to something more serious like a tumour. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.