Question
Posted by: Eddie | 2003/01/23

Obstructed salive glands ?

I occasion~~~y have a swollen gland which looks like the swelling I had when I suffered from mumps,but at 58 years old I doubt if it is mumps.The gland is a little sensitive and it goes away after a few days then reappears.

When I fruits I feel pain on the side where the swelling appears.

Could it be that I have a problem with my saliva glands and if so what can be done about this?

Eddie, it might be that you have something blocking the opening where the gland drains into the mouth. This might just be due to an infection or a stone, but it might also be due to something more serious like a tumour. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.