Question
Posted by: Gob-Smacked | 2004/11/16

Observation skills / IQ

I have such a HUGE problem and I don't know if anything exists to help it. I am so close-minded it is bordering on retardation!
I grew up a loner, very much into my own little world and so today, as an adult I am let loose in the big wide world and I feel so stupid.
There are points of view that I do not see, different angles of looking at things and all I could see was my little version of the world. I'm so damn small-minded and I'm worried, beucase I do not wish to be this way. I would love to be an open-minded, intelligently inquisitive person.
How do I develope these skills? I think I have driven my husband nuts with some of my arguments (and then I understand his point AFTERWARDS, but not before I've caused a huge fight because I'm so SMALL-MINDED, I don't think in 3D, or I don;'t ever consider the possibility of other angles to view a particular situation).

So basically, how do I become more alert and more observant? - how do I increase my "intelligence"? I can do math and read and write and I LOVE reading and learning, but in the world today you've got to have that extra "sixth sense" to think wider - to see more and consider more...
Am I making sense? I just want to be more cleverer - worldy wise, so to speak...
Help my asb.

What can I say ? Counselling can help develop such skills, including Group Therapy, where you have morwe people to interact with, and more points of view as input.

1
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/16

Attend a couple of self improvement seminars. Kathy Yuil presents a "My best year yet" course which is excellent in finding yourself and improving skills.

Reply to Mona