Question
Posted by: Jaxx | 2004/11/02

obese and planning a baby.

My husband and I are planning to have a baby. I would like to maintain and hopefully loose weight while I'm pregnant without going on a diet. Please advise on exercises as well as a good eating plan to follow. Something that I can still receive all the daily requirements for both baby and I.

Ta
Jaxx

Dear Jaxx
If you are really obese with a BMI of more than 30, then it is essential for you to consult a clinical dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. I cannot recommend that you just use a general slimming diet because you may need to lose large amounts of weight before you can fall pregnant. It is also important that the dietitian works out a slimming diet that provides you and the baby with the nutrients you require for good health and growth. For exercise you can either join Walk for Life, or a good gym, or start swimming now that the weather is so hot. You need to exercise for 30 min a day to assist with weight loss.
Holding thumbs that you fall pregnant.