Question
Posted by: | 2019/03/12

Help! Obese 75-year-old

My Dad is 75 years old, obese (app. 170+kgs) and in need of assistance. He can barely walk as his knees are worn out, so exercising is impossible. He eats quite healthily, but is unable to lose weight. He has a pacemaker and uses a machine for sleep apnea. He is on a range of medication (from BP to warfarin) I have googled to try and find a 'team' (such as dietician, physio etc) in Gauteng who work together with an individual for targeted weight loss (bearing in mind all of his limitations), without success to date. Any advice / input would be appreciated.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/03/21

Hi The space allowed is inadequate to give advice for your Dad to sucessufully lose weight Healthy eating unfortunately is not good enough to control daily calorie inatke to facilate fat burning It is alo how much when and why we eat that needs to be take in account Contact www.adsa.org.za All dieticians are qualified to calculate a clorie restricted plan to help your Dad take is preferences logistics (cooking etc) and lifestyle in consideration