Question
Posted by: Moo | 2004/11/10

Oats so Easy

How good is oats so easy if you have to lose weight

Dear Moo
Oats in any form are low in fat and do not have a high energy content, so you can use them for your breakfast with fat-free milk and/or yoghurt when you are slimming. Use artificial sweetener if you find that the oats taste too bland or eat them with a low-energy fruit like strawberries.
Enjoy

5
Posted by: ****** | 2004/11/11

Rather have these for breakfast
raw oat bran
Pronutro Wholewheat (Original or Apple Bake)
Kellogg's Hi-Fibre Bran Flakes + milk
Fine form muesli
maximize cereal (bokomo)

These are slowly digested carbohydrates.

Reply to ******
Posted by: science | 2004/11/11

make sure you get oatso easy, and instant oats, as they differ in GI quite a bit, as the latter has many additives.

Reply to science
Posted by: science | 2004/11/11

I meant so say, do NOT get instant oats...

Reply to science
Posted by: Jay | 2004/11/11

It is also endorsed by weighless which is a good sign and dieticians recommend it because it is a good sourse of fibre. Therefore it is not only good for weight loss but for health reasons as well.

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Min | 2004/11/10

I read on this site that it IS good to eat it as breakfast - the KJ content is low (like 480KJ for the museli one) and it is also a LOW GI so therefore it will make you fuller for longer and it releases sugar into your system s*L*o*w*L*y.

DietDoc, please correct me if i'm wrong!!

-- min

Reply to Min