Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2006/04/18

OATS

I went to a dietician and she advised me what to eat to loose weight, I am just a bit unsure and would like someone to give some advice. She says that I can eat 25g raw oats, will it be fine if i eat natural oatso easy (instant) or does it need to be cooked in the morning? Thanks for your help

Dear Jessica
If your dietitian said 'raw' oats then you need to buy a packet of uncooked oats and eat them without cooking them. The Oats-so-easy are processed, so you won't get the same effect on the glycaemic index (GI), which I think your dietitian is trying to achieve.
Enjoy