Question
Posted by: VC | 2005/07/18

oat cakes and quinoa suppliers

I've started the holford diet and its menu plan. However, being a British based diet it refers to many foods that I am not familiar with. I'm currently looking for a supplier of oatcakes and quinoa. I am based in Pretoria so would like to find suppliers nearby.

Dear VC
Some supermarkets do sell oat cakes. Try looking in the biscuit or the health food sections. You may be able to purchase quinoa is health shops, but you would have to shop around.

1
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/07/18

A company called "Health Connection Whole Foods" produce organic quinoa and oat cakes as well (plus a whole lot of foods refered to in Patric Holford's books i.e. seeds, nuts, grains). They are Cape Town based though, but supply hundreds of health shops accross the country.
This is thier contact no: (021) 701 5290, maybe you could phone them to find out which health shop they stock that is closest to you...

Take Care
Sunshine

Reply to Sunshine