Posted by: Ben | 2011/04/30


my wife has changed completely, to the extend that she dont give a damn about anybody but herself.
she does not clean she says she is nobodies slave.
i saw her sitting on the floor (the other night sorting old hobby stuff) about 20 cm away from where our puppy crapped, it did not botther her.

She were not copping well with our two kids,, as she tried to be their friend and never punished them and eventualy she startedlosing controll and eventualy started cracking. One day an aunt who is lekker screwed up (she mixes prescription drugs with wine, and then phone the Fam) told her to get an antidepressant. She cried to our docter and said she sometimes thinks she is going to kill the kids where after he gave her Nuzak. is it possible that she is still depressed or is her lack of desire to be active as result of the drugs.
Shes been on it now aprox 4 years
I feel like a dog but i am finnished with this relationship as it is, and i want to on Teusday see a lawyer to find out what is my options.I have been working on this for six years but still dont want to give up if it is not her doing. if i confront her she gets jannie-jamer-gat and gives me attitude for about three to four days, she has in the last six years never admitted to having any wrong doing what so ever.

i love my wife and kids and want the best for all of us,,,, im realy just in a corner

Is there something i can discuss with her doc to help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

The aunt is of course really foolish, as mixing any presription drugs with booze is ALWAYS foolish. Sounds like your wife saw a GP, when she really needs to see a psychiatrist, as specialist help is needed in a complicated depression, especially as she may be a danger to herself or the children. If she's still this unwell after 4 years on Nuzak, it's obviously not the right treatment for her.
It would be wise to see her doc and discuss her lack of progress and the serious situation. If he is a GP, ask him to arrange for her to see a psychiatrist specialist - no GP should hold on to a complex severe depresion which is not improving, for so long, without making a proper referral for specialist advice. By all means examine your legal rights, including how best to proect the kids in the event of a separation.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.