Question
Posted by: Green | 2004/11/12

NUZAC and Ritalin

Hi Doc - I have been on nuzac since1996 (not always as diligently as should be), but find that if I start limiting the intake, my clarity of thought is quite improved. Unfortunately, this doesn't last for too long, before I start feeling sluggish. I started taking Nuzac to sort out my panic attacks.

I have seen a few doctors and the last time I addressed one re the above, he suggested I take Ritalin as a trial. The first time I took it was amazing. My concentration was dramatically improved (I could even watch an entire movie with falling asleep). I am nervous about taking Ritalin too regularly (so I stopped in altogether).

The question really is whether one could take some combination of Nuzac and Ritalin?

Green, Ritalin might worsen panic attacks, so you should be careful. It might of course e that you have more than one problem i.e. panic attacks and attention deficit disorder. The best would be to see a psychiatrist and have it sorted out before you take drugs working against each other. Good luck.