Question
Posted by: Bodybuilding teen | 2004/01/22

Nutruitional Queries for teen body builders:

I am an avid gymer, and enjoy seeing the results of working hard at gym. But as always there are stumbling blocks, on ones way to success, i suppose i could call myself a supplement junkie. Anything that claims to do the gains, gets popped. Of course i am extremely careful when it comes to popping multivitamins as because of taking too much and reaching toxicity levels, is not a goal. But getting huge is a goal, with rugby and all.

Gyming hard has always been the norm for me, and MRP's, but you see i am O positive blood group and this is where i think my problem arises from, many MRP's contain Whey, milk, and casein protein, all which contain LACTOSE! Being O, that meens i am lactose intolerant, does it???? As i would gym for a week, and be sick with a cold for two weeks. Apparently my lactese is not breaking down my lactose and toxins are building up, and decreasing my immune system, is this true?

Creatine, is hotly debated topic especially for teen consumption. Is it safe to take? i turning 17 in 3 months time. Will it make my muscles too hard that the tendons tear?
I follow all the precautions, about 3-4 litres water and about anyhting between 5-20 grams of creat. a day, plus 1 month on, 1 week off cylce. Should i cycle creatine, will my body get used to it, that i have to take more to get results? Or will it down regulate my bodies ability to produce its own, as now it doesnt have to, if i take for a long period of time?

Universal's Animal Methoxy stack, will it be suitable for me and will it worlk at my age? as my body is peaking at testosterone, and HGH levels?

Arginine Ketoglutarate! Suitable for a 17 year old? (No2)

i would really appreciate it, if you could help me, as i have many many more Q>'s
Thanx Tom platz's son hahaha!

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Hey Tom's son ;-)

Good questions I must say! Firstly let me say that I do not ascribe to the blood group diet. I believe that you may lactose intolerant inspite of the fact that you are O blood group. I would advise that you consult a dietician/Sports Nutrition Expert for all the answers to your questions of this nature.

Yes you need to cycle creatine as advised on the container-it is good that you are consuming more water but you also need to stretch, stretch and s-t-r-e-t-c-h to ensure that those tendons of your accommodate to the extra size and strength that your muscle possess.

I am not too sure about the Animal Methoxy Stack-the Animal Stack used to contain pro-hormones and if you are playing rugby this is a banned substance. As for the methoxy stack it seems harmless-just check the label to see if it contains pro-hormones or testosterone boosters.

Arginine Ketoglutarate-you will have to check with your doctor/nutritionist ont his. Arginine is an amino acid and I am assuming the the glutarate is derived from glutamine-if that is the case then it is fine-but rather br safe and sorry and check with your dietician.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist