Posted by: Jenna | 2008/01/13

Nutritional Therapy

I would like to start studying Nutritional Therapy in South Africa and work in the industry at the same time to get experience in the field. Could you suggest any institutes that I could look into for this career option that I would love to commence. Kind Regards. Jenna

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Jenna

Great choice as the wellness industry is the fastest growing industry worldwide.

Besides dietetics there is unfortunately no institution where you can obtain a qualification that will allow you to consult and prescribe diets. This qualification is only available through Universities and is usually a 4 year fulltime course. However there are other options: personal trainer’s courses where you will be introduced to the field of nutrition. You can study these courses from ETA , Reebok or even enquire at your local Virgin Active or Planet Fitness gyms – they will put you into contact with the right people. Alternatively you could obtain an international strength and conditioning coaches qualification through the NSCA – you will find their details on the web – they also present personal training courses.

Good luck with your decision – hope you find happiness therein.

Take care.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.