Question
Posted by: nutritional shake | 2007/12/09

nutritional shake

I am really run down and am looking for a really good, all-round supplement 'shake' that I can mix with milk or water.
Can you recommend a proven product with no side-effects?
I am a lady of 39.

Dear Nutritional Shake
There are so many different products on the 'shake' market, that it is difficult to recommend one product. I would suggest that you make your own shakes with fresh fruit and milk and rather take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement for awhile, such as Centrum or Supradyn Forte, as many of the shakes you can purchase also contain a number of ingredients intended for appetite suppression, physical energy boosting or even compounds that can act as steroids. You may also benefit from taking extra omega-3 fatty acids (Salmon oil capsules) that boost immunity (buy at chemist).